Humanity creates civilizations that cycle from rise to fall as presented by Carroll Quigley’s The Evolution of Civilizations An Introduction to Historical Analysis. Europe and America, in the culmination of the Law of Nations, and in the corresponding success in advancement of humanity, has shown humanity’s societies can evolve optimally under the framework of nations providing rights to and competing for citizens.
The effort of the Society of Order is to create a society that evolves, as nature would have it, towards more persistent forms. At present, the least fragile way of doing this appears to be by taking the methodology of largely favoring the rights of the individual over the abstraction of the good of the collective. This preference for the rights of the individual is exemplified by the US Bill of Rights and the limitations of government within the US Constitution.
The US Constitution and the philosphies that went into its construction serve as a good starting point for thinking about government. You can find articles on various misinterpretations of it that have led to the current goliath US government at https://usconstitution.societyoforder.com
- Law of Nations – to understand how International Law works, and the model of sovereigns and citizens
- The Federalist Papers – to understand part of what the US founders were thinking
A Society Of Order is a common morals society – a society in which citizens accept a common set of morals as the foundation for the society – with the base moral of increasing the state of order. From a macro level, increasing the state of order could be increasing a nation’s ability to survive a natural disaster; from a micro level, increasing the state of order is increasing stable enthalpy density (increased efficiency of dissipative structures).
More conceptually, order can be thought of as increasing the persistibility of the evolving group. This can be done in two general ways:
- a group can change external factors to increase the persistibility of the group
- such as improving access to resources
- a group can evolve by changing itself to increase persistibility in its new form
- such as improving average IQ of the members
The particulars of how order is pursued depend on the sitaution. Consequently, the Society of Order explores specific cases and general methodologies.
Requisite Philisophical Understandings
- A Discourse on Method by Descartes
- The Ego and His Own by Max Stirner – to understand things from an ego perspective
- Why “No Government” Doesn’t Work
- Why the US Constitution can fail
- Immortality, Humanity, and the Persistence Pattern